What kind of cars can I get with the Xchange Leasing program?
Vehicles requirements for Xchange Leasing program:
2009 or newer
No salvage title
4 full-sized doors
Minimum of 5 seat belts (driver and 4 passengers)
See the full list of vehicles
How do I know if I’m eligible?
The Xchange Leasing program is designed just for Uber driver-partners, so you must be approved to drive on the platform to apply. This includes completing a background check. All credit levels are eligible to apply, even if you have poor credit, or no credit history.
How do I apply?
If you are a current driver partner, you can apply directly by signing in to your profile at partners.uber.com and visiting the Vehicle Marketplace.
If you are not an Uber partner, first sign up to drive with Uber. After you’ve completed your background check and are approved to drive, you can apply for a lease at t.uber.com/findash.
After I apply, how will I be notified of my credit decision?
If you are approved for a lease, you should receive an email shortly after you apply with your approval details. If you are not eligible for a lease, you will receive a notification by email with a secure link to view your credit decision details.
I was approved for a lease with Xchange Leasing. What’s next?
After you’re approved for a lease, the Xchange Leasing team will contact you via email or phone with a list of participating Xchange Leasing showrooms or dealerships in your area. You can also sign in here and see a list of dealers for Xchange Leasing online. Please set up an appointment and visit one of our locations to choose your car.
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
Once you’ve applied for a lease online and been approved, please bring the following items to one of Xchange Leasing's locations to pick your vehicle and sign your lease:
- A valid driver’s license
- Your security deposit (cashier’s check, money order, or a debit card)
- Your bank account information, including routing and account numbers
- One proof of residency document, like a utility bill, bank statement, or mortgage/lease agreement
- A smartphone with the Uber Driver app downloaded
Do I need insurance?
Vehicle insurance is required to lease a car through Xchange Leasing. Curious how much insurance will cost? Since insurance rates depend on a lot of factors and vary from person to person, the best way to estimate costs is to get a quote from an insurance provider. In the state of California, you are required to have rideshare insurance.
* Flexible leases from Xchange Leasing, LLC are potentially up to 36 months with the flexibility to return the vehicle as early as 30 days after the first payment due date with a payment of a $250 disposition fee. Not all applicants will qualify for this program. Certain items present on your credit report, and other information, may cause you to be excluded from this offer, including without limitation, a repossessed vehicle within the last 12 months, a pending bankruptcy, or a discharged bankruptcy within the last 12 months. To qualify for this program, you must sign a “payment deduction authorization agreement” with Uber under which you authorize payment of your lease payments from your Uber earnings. The Xchange Leasing program is not available in all cities. Weekly payments do not include taxes, fees, and license. The majority of eligible vehicles will be pre-leased and/or pre-owned inventory. See full sample lease terms.